Sunday 30 October 2016

Remembering Inner Sunshine


For the first time in I don't know how long I have a cold. Thanks to baby group I think. Anyway... I sat down to write and I thought quite the poignant topic is remembering inner sunshine cold or no cold. In fact, I think two of the best things about having this cold are #1 I have read so much of my book and #2 I have stayed connected to my inner sunshine.

When we are unwell, or have more quiet time on our hands or are waiting patiently for something it is a wonderful opportunity to remember our inner sunshine.

Our inner sunshine lives within us, it lives, actually, in our hearts. You can feel it there. When you feel happy or excited you can feel it flutter, or it's warmth. When we are feeling unwell, or stressed or lost or any number of things we can be forgiven for thinking that it has gone out, our inner sunshine. Though it has not, it is still there. It never, ever goes out as long as we are alive.

We can be distracted by physical aches or pains or the pains of others. We can be distracted by the woes of the world, we can be distracted by our jobs list or negative thinking... but it is still there and all we need to do is to tap into it. How do we do that?

There are a few ways, what I do is simply feel it. I can feel it glowing in the centre of my chest and tap into that and feel it. If you are a meditator (in some way) you will also find this easy to do. If you are not, you will need to close your eyes and place your hands on the centre of your chest. Feel the warmth in your hands and then feel deeper. It may take a few times for you to feel your inner sunshine, though you will. Maybe you see it?

Our inner sunshine is powerful stuff! This power is not to be underestimated. Tapping into your inner sunshine is tapping into your eternal smile, your heart, your love. Doing so is deeply healing, cathartic and will lift your spirits no end.

No comments:

Post a Comment