Tuesday 20 September 2016

Letting Go By the Phases of the Moon


Over the past few days I have been re-reading How to Grow More Vegetables, Fruits and Nuts than you ever thought possible. If you are a gardener than it is a must have edition to your home library, a fantastic book on biointensive food production, the natural way. I have just read the chapter on planting by the phases of the moon. This is nothing new to those of us who know a little about biodynamic gardening practises. But it got me thinking about how we are made up (mostly) of water and how the moon affects us, and our growth too. It affects our letting go and the way we experience change. Here is what I have come up with.

Firstly, I pondered the idea of noting on my calender when I feel in high spirits, in low spirits and also high and low in energy and mental acuity. I've done this extensively in the past when I have tracked my well-being with my menstrual cycle. This time however, I'm going to track my well-being with the phases of the moon because when we are in low spirits and lack energy it is never to do with what is going on around us, it is a reflection of our inner state.

My theory is that the moon draws 'stuff' out of us just as it draws the life out of a seed. The moon stimulates certain grow within us and there are periods of rest that the moon helps to facilitate too.  I think we can avoid much of the stress and anguish we feel by knowing what phase of the moon is having an affect on our emotions and how this plays out for us as individuals. Much like biorhythms, here is a free online calculator to work yours out.

When the phases of the moon are tracked with personal biorhythms I can work out when is the best time to consciously choose to let go of those things that are weighing me down, I'll also have more understanding as to why I feel the way that I do at a particular time.

To give an example, if I'm thinking about the letting go of habits that don't serve me and/or establishing ones that do. Just as there is a best time for sowing a seed or moving a plant, it is the same with sowing the seeds of a new habit. I think those seeds of new habits will take root within me if I plant them at the time when the moon phase and my personal biorhythms can support them, along with my intention for positive change.

It is a trick of the ego to think that I am the cause of what is happening in my life, rather than to realise that it is life that is happening through me. I can have desires and wishes and intentions and it will be much easier and much more effective for me to implement them in accordance with the natural rhythms of nature.


No comments:

Post a Comment